Saturday, May 17, 2014

52 Ancestors Challenge: Week #19 - A. Dell Carrico

A.D. was my grandfather


A.D. was born on December 23, 1937 in Wild Cherry, Arkansas to Austin Rochester Carrico (1908-1979) and Tressie Jane Sanders (1906-1940).  A.D. has three full siblings: three are Austin and Tressie's children: 
  • Brother (still living)
  • Joda Mace (1936-2011) 
  • Sister (still living)
A.D.'s mother Tressie died in 1940 shortly after his sister was born.

A.D. has three half siblings: 
  • Chester Lee (1927-1993) 
  • and two other brothers who are still living

According to the 1940's census, A.D. was still in living in Wild Cherry, Arkansas.  A.D. would eventually make his way to the northern Illinois area.  On March 1, 1958 he married Garnet Jane McNeal (1937-2013) and they would have six children, all of whom are still living:
  • Son
  • Daughter
  • Daughter - my mother
  • Son
  • Daughter
  • Son

 A.D. and Jane divorced around 1980 and A.D. would remarry Darlene Mae Cunningham (1936-2010).  A.D. was an race car driver.  A.D. died on June 18, 2004 at age 66 of lung cancer and is buried at Sunset Memorial Gardens.
A.D. in 1979


1 comment:

  1. I was born in Calico Rock, AR in 1942, so JD would have been 5 years older than me. One of my most vivid memories is visiting Uncle Austin and family when I was about 5. This would have been in MO in the upper reaches of Lake Norfork. Austin's boys had me riding a goat and then we went to the "creek" which was headwaters of Lake Norfork. They took me out on a big tree limb over the water where we would lower snag lines and try to catch whatever fish was migrating up the river, maybe carp or white bass. Perhaps the funnest day of my life!

    ReplyDelete