Sunday, January 28, 2018

52 Ancestors 2018: Ancestors 1-4

The 52 Ancestors Challenge is back!  Amy Johnson Crow started this challenge a few years ago and I participated in 2014 and 2015.  I do not always have the time every week to write up something so I think I might just do one a month with four ancestors. 

Ancestor #1 - Carl Eric Gullens (my 3rd great grandfather)
I'm pretty sure I did this one a few years ago but I'm circling back because it is a big brick wall for me.  This is the little information I have - born in Finland and married Augistine Haldga.  I do not even have sources for this information so it could be wrong.  His son, Erick Andrew Carlson, is my 2nd great grandfather.  I have Carl and Augistine having four other children: Edla, Johanna, Lena, and August.

Ancestor #2 - John Howland (my 12th great grandfather)
I stumbled across this ancestor during the first 52 Ancestors challenge.  It has proved to be an interesting ancestor with links to many famous individuals including the Baldwin family.  I do believe there are some others but my research hasn't gotten that far yet.  I am descendent from John's daughter Desire.

Ancestor #3 - Janet Boarman (my 8th great grandmother)
Janet was born to William and Jane (nee Neale) in 1680 in Charles County, Maryland.  Janet married James Gates Jr. and I know of one child my 7th great grandmother, Margaret.

Ancestor #4 - McNeals
I have not been able to find my grandmother, Jane nor her parents and sister in the 1940's census.  My grandmother given first name is Garnet and I have tried every variation of their names to try and find them to no avail.

No comments:

Post a Comment